Sunday, January 20, 2013

Halloween 2012

October was spent holed up in my sewing room making costumes for the family. Bet that was a big surprise! This year we decided to dress up as characters from the Little Mermaid. I stepped out of my own comfort zone and hardly used a pattern or a tutorial, and I loved how they all turned out! The only pattern I used was for Aaron’s shirt. It was supposed to be a pirate shirt, but it looked just like Louis the Chef.

 DSC_0029 (2)

Taken at the photo booth at the ward Halloween party. I thought that was a great idea.

DSC_0031

Our silly faces. Even Bridget is in on the action.

DSC_8615

DSC_8622

DSC_8626

Just eating and hanging out. I have to say, I missed the Ventana Halloween dances. Those were so much fun.

DSC_8628

I curled Katie’s hair so it would be wavy instead of stick straight, and you would have thought I was killing her. She shrieked almost the entire time. She’s a total wuss sometimes. Good thing we love her!

DSC_8635

They may not have had a dance, but they did have doughnuts on a string, and Paul’s life wouldn’t be complete without that.

DSC_8641

 DSC_8650

DSC_8655

DSC_8657

Sebastian trying to figure out what’s up with Louis’s moustache.

We went to a neighborhood Halloween party, which was a bit of a stinker. Someone (Paul or Averi, I can’t remember who, but it’s probably Paul) got in trouble, so Aaron went ahead with the other two while I took the naughty one later. So not a great start. Then there were a only 3 other kids there, and the two kids that lived in the house that it was hosted at wouldn’t play or talk to anyone, so our kids just played with each other. The hostess also had the bright idea that the kids could paint pumpkins with fabric paint. “It’s non-toxic!” I don’t care about non-toxic! It’s also non-washable! We ruined a few shirts that day. The kids decided to get some use out of their other costumes so everyone wore something different from the trunk-or-treat. Bridget was very into the pizza, and the grandmas and grandpas couldn’t comment enough on how much she ate. Then she dug into a cupcake, and they thought it was hilarious, so they made sure to instruct us to take pictures of her.

DSC_8667

DSC_8661

On Halloween I made a special spooky meal. This was the first time I’ve every done this, and it was so much fun.

 DSC_8677

DSC_8681

We had Mummy Dogs, Worms with Blood and Brains, Rotten Apples with Sludge, Goblin Brains, Iguana Eyeballs with Blood Clots, Pumpkin Brew, and Monster Munch.

DSC_8683 

I think they’re happy!

DSC_8684

DSC_8685

Bridget didn’t care that the food had fancy names. She just wanted a hot dog, and she wanted it now!

DSC_8694

Ready to trick or treat!

DSC_8696

Pouncing on the first doorbell.

DSC_8700

DSC_8703

The whole Jorgensen crew.

1 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Fabulous as always! Katie really does look like Ariel!