Monday, December 24, 2012

Why I love Allrecipes

I was looking for a breakfast casserole recipe for Christmas morning, and I stumbled across one that sounded pretty good. I read through some reviews to see what people thought of it, and this one cracked me up:

“My whole family really loved this dish. I made it on the spur of the moment, and changed a few things to use what I had on hand. First, after reading the reviews here I decided to use a 9X13 inch baking dish. It turned out to be the perfect size. Since I only had 4 eggs, I just used those. I added about 4 ounces of ricotta cheese to the eggs as well, and used a bit less milk than the recipe called for. Also, I didn't have any sausage but did have a lot of leftover ham as well as a few slices of cooked bacon. I sauteed the onions first, added some minced garlic, and finally tossed in the chopped ham and crumbled bacon to heat it through. I then assembled the casserole as directed. I only baked it for about 50 minutes total, and it was perfect. A dollop of sour cream on top of each serving, and we loved it! The leftovers heated up nicely for lunch the next day.”

What part of the recipe, exactly, did she follow? And since it seemed she just made up her own recipe, how did she feel she could rate the original recipe?

It reminded me of this “recipe.” Be sure to read the reviews. I was dying from laughter.

0 comments: