Saturday, October 1, 2011

Averi turned THREE!

I can’t believe how big my little girl is getting.  I have to say, she was such a great two-year-old.  For my kids, at least, two is great.  I’d be tempted to keep them two forever.  It’s three that gets hard, and she’s living up to that precedent.  She’s quite opinionated, and is learning the fine art of whining.  But she’s still very fun to be around.  We love her to pieces. 

I love the idea of interviewing your kids every year on their birthday (or close to it, since dates lose their relevancy around here).  Here’s what Averi had to say:

My favorite food is: chicken noodle soup (Mom: it’s actually eggs)

My favorite movie is: Tangled

The coolest person on Earth is: Mom (then she changed her mind and said “I am!”)

My favorite thing to learn about is: pets

The thing I’m great at is: puzzles

If I could go anywhere, it would be: I don’t know. Rudy’s.

My favorite color is: purple

My favorite princess is: Sleeping Beauty

When I grow up, I’m going to be a: a ballerina

My favorite song is: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Mom: It used to be Scripture Power.  We sang that EVERY night.)

A book I love is: the Ariel book, you know?

When I was little, I used to: walk

My favorite time of year is: fall

The snack I like best is: dried blueberries and frozen blueberries and dried strawberries and frozen strawberries and coconuts and craisins and rasins. I love all of the snacks.

One food that I really don’t like is: hot chicken (Mom: not true.  Averi’s a total carnivore.)

My best friend is: Ella I guess.

If I had one wish, it would be: for a kindle (HA!!)

My favorite treat is: I think popsicles

My favorite toy is: Pollys, especially the Sleeping Beauty Polly.

DSC_5188

Averi was on a Tangled (AKA Rapunzel) kick this year.  For her birthday she asked for “a Tangled tassel” (interpretation: a Tangled castle; all k sounds become t’s).  It was too adorable to resist, so I had to search high and low the night before her birthday for a Tangled tassel.  Luckily we found one, along with a Tangled backpack.  She also got some books, but apparently those aren’t as awesome as Tangled tassels.

0 comments: