Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

We were lucky to have Grandma J and Abby for a week during Easter.  These kids LOVE their grandma.  She is so much fun.  Let me tell you, she knows how to play.  And play she does.  I get exhausted just watching her.  We were able to have them participate with us in our Easter festivities this year, which made a fun season even more enjoyable. 

First up we had an Easter egg hunt organized by one of my friends.  The kids had a blast, and it was fun for Mom as well!

DSC_3011

There were over 50 kids there.  Wild!

DSC_2991 

DSC_2992

DSC_2993

We made bunny ears for preschool, and Paul wanted to wear them for the egg hunt.  Appropriate, I thought.

DSC_2998

My girls are both getting super long hair.  I made Katie’s dress as well.  It’s quite cute, but she’s already had a growth spurt since I sewed it a month ago.  I’m not sure how long she’ll be able to wear it!

DSC_3004

DSC_3006

On Sunday we had a special stake meeting with some visiting General Authorities, so we got home earlier than usual, which gave us ample time to dye eggs.  I bought the monster egg kit, and I should probably have saved the extra 50 cents and used my own pipe cleaners and cotton balls, since that was what was in there.  But the kids got a kick out of it and had a great time decorating their eggs.

 DSC_3017

DSC_3022

DSC_3023

DSC_3024

DSC_3026

DSC_3031

DSC_3034

DSC_3037

DSC_3043

DSC_3045

DSC_3048

DSC_3050

DSC_3051

DSC_3055

 

DSC_3059

This guy with the lambchops was my very favorite.  So creative!

DSC_3063

This guy had about 5 noses…or arms…or something.  Averi was very proud.

DSC_3069

DSC_3072

Their creations.  I think they turned out so cute!

DSC_3076

After naps we had our family egg/basket hunt.  We make the kids find their baskets first, and then they can use them to collect eggs.  I had so much fun filling up their baskets this year.  I’m afraid they were dreadfully spoiled, but it was fun.

DSC_3090

Averi had to put on her new fairy costume right away.  I’ve had this saved for ages, and she finally fits into it, so into the Easter basket it went.

DSC_3101

DSC_3103

DSC_3108

DSC_3111

Paul of course couldn’t wait to gobble down his eggs.  I think all his candy is gone by now.

DSC_3085

Paul had the hardest time finding his basket.  It was definitely in the trickiest spot.  Finally Aaron asked him, “Paul, if you were to hide something, where would you put it?”  Without hesitation, Paul said, “Here,” and lifted up the pillows and blankets.  Lo and behold, there was the basket.  It was quite funny.

DSC_3087 

So that was our very fun and very picture-laden Easter.  Thanks, Connie and Abby, for sharing it with us!

0 comments: