Friday, August 20, 2010

Rite of Passage

Today Katie went to Kindergarten.  Having your first child go to kindergarten is a big deal.  Really big.  For both mother and child.  Yes, I cried.  Several times.  But I managed to keep it together (mostly) at school.  It was just when I came home without her that I fell apart.  (Must go get tissue…will return…)  I know we’ve all heard it before, but I really, honestly can’t believe how quickly she’s grown up.  And she’s turned out to be such a great girl!  I love having her around.  She’s my mini-me.  The other day I was wearing a new shirt, and Katie walked in.  She stopped dead in her tracks, dropped her jaw, and said, “MOM!  I can’t believe that shirt!  It is soooo cute!  Where did you get it?”  (For the record, it was a t-shirt.)  She cracks me up, and I love that about her. 

I know she’s going to do just fine at school.  She certainly isn’t lacking in confidence.  They had kindergarten testing on Wednesday, and after she came out, she said, “Mom, I know so much stuff.  I pretty much know everything.  Well, not everything, but most things.”  Mom and Dad, does that sound familiar at all? 

Good luck, baby girl!  We love you!

DSC_0255-1

1 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on kindergarten! And I love that picture of her - adorable!