Monday, August 30, 2010

Pioneer Day 2010

Now I know you think I already posted about Pioneer Day.  And I did.  But I didn’t.  The parade happened during the week, and the following is what occurred on the actual 24th of July.

Aaron and I ran the 5K at the Pioneer Day Race in Provo.  It was really fun to be able to run it “together” (he’s obviously much faster than I am).  I also felt good because I beat my previous time, which was what I was hoping for.

DSC_9101

DSC_9108

See, it’s blurry because I’m so fast!

DSC_9120

DSC_9124

And here’s where I pass out…

DSC_9132 

They provided us breakfast at the race, and Averi felt that she deserved to share because of all her hard work.  She was NOT happy about getting up early to come and see us.  But we’re mean like that.

 DSC_9141

DSC_9147

DSC_9153

They had an amazing face painter there, but Katie was the only one of my kids who was patient enough to wait in the LONG line.

DSC_9166

DSC_9173

Later that afternoon we had a dutch oven dinner over at the Grandma and Grandpa J’s house and went swimming in their pool.  Tucker (their miniature dachshund) loves being with everyone in the pool (not swimming, but floating on the rafts), and Lando would stare longingly at him and everyone else, too chicken to do anything.  So we “helped” him in.  And he was not pleased.  It’s a good thing that water makes people dogs lighter, because I had to haul all 75 pounds of him out after we quickly learned that he was NOT a water dog.  He ran and hid from us after that.  And I think he found quite a good spot!

DSC_9194

DSC_9199 

 DSC_9198

Major stink eye.

 DSC_9250

DSC_9253

DSC_9241

And a study in sizes:

DSC_9277

DSC_9245

DSC_9247

I sometimes forget how large Lando is.  And then we see Tucker, and I remember.

The chosen game of the evening was “let’s see how far we can toss the children.”  The choice of this game was enthusiastically seconded by Katie and Paul.

DSC_9236

DSC_9237

DSC_9220

DSC_9223

DSC_9229

DSC_9232 

It got a little bit risque:

DSC_9214

DSC_9204

DSC_9205 

YES!!  I think that was a full moon!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I love that picture.