Thursday, August 19, 2010

Locks of Love

My family is known for their girls with long, out of control hair.  My mom was first.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of her with her long hair.  So here’s a picture of her not-so-long-but-ever-so-crazy hair just for laughs:

img021

I had long hair.  But of course it was never out of control.  NEVER.  It was only out of control when it was short.  And permed.  But I don’t have a picture of that.  Darn.

And then there was Heather:

img132

And this was an attempt at making it look nice.  As far as Heather would let someone attempt, that is.

Ashley has never had long hair.  But who cares when you have hair this adorable?

img065 

Kiera decided to go the long hair route.  And it was LONG.

DSC_9066

After much cajoling and prodding, I convince a reluctant Kiera to donate her hair to Locks of Love.  Heaven knows she had enough of it!  I took her to Barbara, who cuts my hair when I’m up in Salt Lake, and she took on the task of cutting that mane.  She was practically sawing through it with her scissors.

DSC_9079

And here is Kiera cuddling with her lovely departed hair.  She was quite upset at this point in time.  And especially mad at me.  I really did push her into it.  But it was for a good cause, Kiera!

 DSC_9082

DSC_9084

 DSC_9086

And her new haircut is so adorable.  I LOVE it.  And so does everyone else.  She looks so much more grown up and mature.  This is the only picture (sad!) that I have of her later when she’s not miserable:

DSC_9098

Isn’t she super cute?  I love you, Kiera!

0 comments: