Friday, March 19, 2010

Katie’s Shiner

Our poor girly-girl got a great black eye this evening.  We had gone shopping at Wal-Mart (which was a disastrous shopping trip for multiple reasons), and Katie tripped and did a faceplant into a cart headed her direction.  Not only did she get a terrific bruise on her eye, but two of her fingers were run over by the cart, so they’re black and blue as well.  She’s milking it for all it’s worth, though.  She’ll be just fine, but the minute she’s asked to do something vaguely unpleasant, she starts to sniffle and “sup sup” and moan about how badly her eye and fingers hurt.  It’s hard not to laugh, although I do really feel bad for her. 

At least it didn’t happen right before Easter.  I just bought Easter outfits today (I LOVE doing that; it’s the only time of year when I feel okay buying full-priced clothing), and I want to be sure their pictures look cute.  Somehow I feel that a shiner would detract from my carefully planned ensemble.

And just for the record, this is our second black eye in the family this week.  Averi fell off our bed while the kids were playing and wound up with a few bruises around the eye as well.  Hers weren’t quite as spectacular as Katie’s, so they didn’t get a blog post or a picture. 

DSC_7373

DSC_7372

2 comments:

Stef said...

Ouch!!

Brian said...

Just glad that it was a shopping cart and not Paul. Tell her it is fashionable to have a black eye. Seems to me that there was an old commercial that said, "I'd rather fight than switch" and knowing my grandaughter and her mind that saying could never be me appropriate. Give her my love. -- Grandpa