Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Exciting News!

Guess who’s joining our family on April 9th?

His registered name is DLT Star Blazer, and he’s a 5-year-old male greyhound. The breeder has children who come and assist with the chores, so he’s quite used to kids. We have to wait for him to arrive from Tulsa, Oklahoma (a fellow Okie!), which is why we have to wait for a while. It doesn’t seem like he was much of a racer; he only ran 14 races and his best showing was 2nd place. But we won’t hold that against him! He’s a big boy, with a recorded weight of 76 lbs (I’m not sure how recent this is). I love his brindle coloring, and his white muzzle and chest are adorable. His sire’s name is TNT Star Wars, and there’s an Akbar in his family history, so I think we may have to choose a Star Wars name. Let me know if you have any great (or greyt) ideas!

7 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Best wishes as you embark on a new chapter in the Jorgensen household...pet ownnership!!!!

Karin said...

This picture took a few seconds to load and at first glance all I read was: a new addition to the Jorgensen household, so I wasn't expecting to see a greyhound pop up! I had to laugh about that, but congrats!! I'm sure your kids are so excited, he is a beautiful dog!

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

I think you should call him Chewie...after Chewbaca (if I even spelled that right). It seems like a good name for a dog, and if people aren't Star Wars fanatics, they can still laugh at the name (although I don't know anyone that doesn't know that big hairy creature that Harrison Ford hangs out with).

Stef said...

WE LOVE having a dog! It is so much fun. Star Wars names, that one I will have to take to my boys...who are TOTALLY into Star Wars...or Bethany Ostler...she's a good one. I would just call him Tiger...boring I know. Good luck!

Jake said...

I would name him Luke, Darth, or Admiral Ackbar ("it's a trap!!)

Unknown said...

Actually, one of his progenitors (great-grandpa, maybe) was named Ackbar. We're kinda thinking 'Lando'.

Rachael B said...

Wow, what a fancy looking dog. He is very pretty. And slim- our dog is fat. Guess I need to train her to be a racer!