Saturday, August 29, 2009

***News Bulletin***

We interrupt this travelogue to bring you some very important news. Aaron has finally purchased a new car. Yes, we will have to sell the 1991 Lexus whose passenger door no longer opens from the outside, whose radio has to be wedged into place with an ice scraper, whose key refuses to open the trunk, who is missing half the door panel, and that looks like it has cancer. Yes, I will be very, very, very sad to see it go. When we were dating, we'd get to the car and Aaron would run quickly to the driver's side, hop in, and open my door from the inside, while I would be standing outside in the snow. I'm afraid I assumed that he just didn't get the whole "open the door for your date" thing. I didn't realize that it wasn't possible to open the door. Ah, the memories. It was a relief when I learned he wasn't just a sweet oaf.

So we will be replacing his car with this:

A 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited. Used, but with only 9k miles.

Check out the swanky leather interior with heated seats. Now that's luxury.

Yes, my friends, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is an open passenger door.

It even comes with an owners manual. Talk about deluxe.

This is how we change it into the Batmobile. For date nights.

5 comments:

selway2005 said...

I'm sure the heated seats will come in handy in New Mexico...does it get cold, ever? I mean cold enough to wear a coat?

Jen Kesler said...

That's pretty funny! The drivers side door on Shaun's nasty old 4Runner wouldn't open anymore unless he rolled down the window and opened it up from the outside. It sounded like a garbage truck when it was coming down the street. When you would stop at a red light the whole thing shook so much I'm scared I may have lost one of my fillings! He was really "sad" to see it go two weeks ago...NOT! Congrats on the new ride.

Laura said...

Yay for getting a car that actually functions! I hope you enjoy it and have all kinds of fun in it ... like opening the passenger side door. :)

Stef said...

That is great. Gotta love car memories. Have fun making them in this one too!

Brian said...

Wow a new car to replace the old Lexus. Now you blend into the road like the rest of the monotonous cars you see nowdays. I'll miss the distinguishing characteristics of that old car. I was always impressed with the skin cancer paint job and the unique mounting technique of the radio.

The sad part is that now I won't be able recognize Aaron when he comes to the airport o pick me up. I always knew which ride was waiting for me.

Congrats and I'm very happy for you.