Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where does one begin...

It's funny. When I haven't blogged in over a month, I always have a hard time knowing where to begin. So much happens in a month, but is it really worth catching up on ALL of it? So then I go into denial and do nothing. Like my journal writing. When you've had an additional 2 children since you've last written, where do you even begin? (I'm exaggerating, but only very slightly. Aaron, have we gotten married even in your journal?)

I guess I'll start with the thing that has been consuming a great deal of our time: swimming lessons. For some reason, the city of Albuquerque has decided to go the intensive route. As in, EVERY DAY for 2 weeks solid. Actually, since we're doing the evening session, it's Monday to Thursday with slightly longer lessons, but it's still VERY intense. I don't know why they didn't do a 2 or 3 day a week thing that lasted longer. But there it is.

Paul is true to self in the water. He is fearless. He loves jumping off the edge, holding his breath under water, and just about everything to do with the water. He truly is my son! Katie is also very typical. She's much more cautious, obeys exactly but no more than is requested (ask her to blow bubbles, and only her mouth and her nose go under), and she loves the games. We've got Paul in the parent/tot class, mostly because it allows us to cool off in the water too! We were told that he could advance to the preschool class, but that would me we would have to watch from the sidelines. Way less fun.

Even though our evenings have been completely shot and it requires quite a bit of juggling since one of us has to watch Averi while the other is in the pool, we consider swimming lessons a resounding success. Both kids are so much more comfortable in the water than they were before and are starting to learn a few skills. I just can't wait until they're old enough to scuba dive with me! Then the fun will really begin!






4 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Looks like fun. I love the first photo of Katie!

Cindy said...

Swimming lessons are the best!! Glad to have you back - Scott and I laughed out loud at the Aaron journal comment. Too funny.

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

Yay swimming! You better put them into scuba diving as soon as they are old enough because I want to go with you guys, ha ha.

selway2005 said...

Did you notice I have not been posting since Sophie's birth? I'm debating whether I should sign Eve up for swimming lessons...she'll be three in october, so she can only go in the parent/tot class, but she's already comfortable with water.