Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Three's a crowd...

I'm sure that anyone with three or more kids who is reading this will agree, but three's a crowd. It's seriously insane. Couple that with "new mommy brain" and you've got a mad house. I don't know how I'm going to get anything done around here within the next two years.

Our first attempt at grocery shopping with all 3 kids (and both parents) was a complete and utter disaster. I tried to go in the morning while Aaron was at work, but it turns out that I left my wallet at Smith's over the weekend. It took me 5 hours to determine the location of the stupid thing. However, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because I think if I had tried to go shopping on my own with the kids, I would have been declared insane.

So we decided to make attempt #2 after Aaron got home. I had a shopping list that was 2 columns typed, so it seriously needed to be done. I didn't get half of what I needed. Averi cried the entire time if she wasn't held (which seriously limits your ability to pick produce). Paul took his shoes off in the car so he was barefoot, unable to get down from the cart, and stir-crazy. And to top it all off, Katie pooped in her panties in the store. Nice.

Tonight I will be going shopping by myself after everyone is asleep.

I realized I haven't posted layouts in a while, so be ready for a huge post:









4 comments:

Chad and Annie said...

Chelsey, I had to laugh about your shopping experience!! I feel like that and I only have one very easy baby, so you are doing really good that you even thought about going shopping!! I love your scrapbook pages, they are awesome. I am very excited to meet Averi, I am sure she is incredibly sweet.

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Your post just raised my blood pressure! I feel your pain about shopping with kids. Next time you need to go grocery shopping, give me a call and I will watch your kiddos! It will be a much better experience for you!

Jess & Jessica said...

Grocery shopping with more then 1 kid is my worst fear. I don't know how people do it. I guess I will find out soon enough. You had some bad luck that day or I guess we can look at it as character building. :) Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daughter,

You make me proud. You are doing so well as a mother of three. Just remember god blesses you with children while you are young becasue you have the energy, resilence, and flixibility. When you get old like your dad things are much tougher. Keep up the good work. Before you notice this all will have passed and you'll be laughing at these instances. Remember this formula Disaster + Time = Humour. All you need is the time.

Love ya,

Dad